Saturday, November 28, 2015

Turkey Quiche for Two

Leftover turkey is the aftermath of Thanksgiving cooks. Our family gathered at my home and ate plenty, but still I have leftover turkey. I made a big pot of turkey soup and still have leftover turkey. I thought of something else to do with it, and here is a non-traditional quiche that is easy to make and won’t last all week. It has more refined processed food than I prefer (Bisquick), but it tastes good. It’s non-traditional because there is no crust to roll. The Bisquick makes crust while the quiche bakes.

This recipe is a reason to have an 8-inch pie tin in the cupboard even though stores don’t sell them anymore. To solve the 8-inch pie dish dilemma, I think the quiche can be baked in a six by eight inch glass baking dish that Pyrex sells. I didn’t try it since I have a round 8-inch pie pan.

Leftover Turkey Quiche for Two

Put into blender container and blend for ten seconds:
2 eggs
1 cup milk (I prefer whole milk)
1/3 cup Bisquick – regular or gluten free
1/3 cup melted butter
¼ teaspoon salt approximately
Pepper

Pour the blended mixture into ungreased 8-inch pie tin or 6x8-inch baking dish.
Distribute on top:
¾ cup or more chopped cooked turkey (chopped cooked chicken works too)
½ cup or more grated Swiss cheese – or cheese of your choice

Bake it at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Eat it hot.
It is possible to find 8-inch pie plates in thrift stores such as Goodwill.


No comments:

Post a Comment